Friday, March 26, 2010

iPhone Beatmaking (Dubstep Edition)



Part of what I want talk about is Mobile Music Production using the iPhone/iPod Touch. Today I will focus on one of the Apps that I find indispensable and downright amazing! Its called Beatmaker by Intua, you can find it on the Appstore for 19.99. I highly recommend this application as it gives you the ability to compose and arrange YOUR OWN SAMPLES, along with the included beatkits. That means you are pretty much able to do any style or genre of music or beat. Also if you combine this app with a Synthesizer app called Argon (2.99 last time I checked) you can make full fledged songs. The only drawback of Beatmaker is the lack of an included piano roll/synth but thanks to the Audio Copy/Paste making a phat bassline is as simple as pie using Argon. I include a track I made entirely on my iPod Touch 3rd Gen 32Gig. Its a dubstep tune complete with the ever so awesome "wobble" bass! Happy Beatmaking Y'all!

iDubstep by *Otter*

No comments:

Post a Comment